Current Top Sellers
Why Fragtastic is the Best!
Most products on our website are in stock and shipped by us from our retail location.
Be sure to also go to Our Facebook Page and Like Us. We have giveaways, discounts, and specials on there all the time. There is no purchase necessary on our giveaways and prizes. Make sure also to sign up for our Email updates, to keep in the loop with new products and specials we are doing.
You can finally stop waiting on hold with those other online vendors. Fragtastic Reef is open 7 DAYS A WEEK - Because we care about your success and your tank!
The Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 Protein Skimmer is the world’s first dual-intake, dual-needle wheel protein skimmer. The skimmer is powered by Maxspect’s own Turbine Duo 9K, a DC controllable pump that offers high performance and near-silent operation.
Despite its remarkably small 10.2” x 8.3” footprint, the Aeraqua Duo AD600 is rated for saltwater and marine reef aquariums up to 300 gallons. It is designed to be placed inside a sump to remove organic pollutants from aquarium water before they break down into nitrates and phosphates and foul your water quality. An easy-to-use external pump controller is included but you can also control the pump wirelessly using the free Syna-G app for Android and IOS by adding a Maxspect IV6 controller (sold separately).
AERAQUA DUO AD600 TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS
- HEAVY 150 GALLONS
- MEDIUM 200 GALLONS
- LIGHT 300 GALLONS
- Wattage: 40 Watts
- Footprint: 10.2” x 2.3” (260 x 210 Millimeters)
- Height: 22.2” (565 Millimeters)
- Water Level: 7 to 9.5” (18 to 24 Centimeters)
- Air Intake: 396 Gallons Per Hour (1,500 Liters Per Hour)
- Water Intake: 634 Gallons Per Hour (2,400 Liters Per Hour)
THE PROTEIN SKIMMER REIMAGINED
If you could build your own perfect protein skimmer, where would you start? You might begin by looking at all of the other skimmers on the market to see what works, what doesn’t, and why. Once you zeroed in on what works, the next logical question you’d ask yourself is “How can I make this even better?” But you wouldn’t stop there. Because this is your dream protein skimmer—your “forever” skimmer. Your chance to have it all! So you would incorporate an entire wishlist of refinements and conveniences to make the skimmer as quiet, efficient, and as easy-to-maintain as possible. Congratulations! You just built the Maxspect Aeraqua Duo.
AERAQUA DUO FEATURES YOU’LL LOVE
- Near-Silent Operation
- Integrated Pipeless Design
- Super Small Footprint
- Precision Front Dial
- Dual Intake
- Dual Needle Wheel
- Air/Water Recirculation
- Overflow Protection
- Quick Release Collection Cup
- DC Flow Control
- Wireless Capabilities
- iOS/Android App Control
- Feed Mode
- Start Delay
WHAT MAKES THE AERAQUA DUO SO UNIQUE?
There is a lot of ground to cover. Let’s start at the top of the skimmer with the lid then work our way down the skimmer body until we arrive at the base.
The Top of the Skimmer
- There is a float switch built into the lid so when the collection cup is full, the skimmer will automatically shut-off so waste doesn’t overflow into your sump and back into your system. Once the float switch returns to its normal position, the pump will resume operation after a few seconds. If you’re using the Syna-G app, you will be alerted on your mobile device if the float switch is triggered.
- The large, heavy-duty collection cup has a handle to make disposing of skimmate quick and easy.
- There are quick-release locking sliders that make removing the skimmer cup easy and so you can lock it right back into place.
- A drain fitting is included so you can connect the skimmer to a waste collector or a separate reservoir for skimmate.
The Body of the Skimmer
- The gate valve is controlled by an adjustable dial so you can easily change the water level for precise control of the foam inside the skimmer.
- The innovative pipeless design saves precious real estate inside your sump.
- There are hash mark measurements on the side of the skimmer in both centimeters and inches which are useful since different sumps have different depths. There is also a white indicator to show you where the “sweet spot” is.
- The air hoses are integrated into the body of the skimmer for a seamless look and feel.
The Base of the Skimmer
- The skimmer can be easily disassembled for cleaning and maintenance. Loosen the thumbscrews in each corner and the entire skimmer body can be removed.
- The DC controllable Maxspect Turbine Duo 9K pump has a centrally mounted motor spindle that drives the impellers on each side.
- The patented dual needle wheel design has a spinning needle wheel and a stationary one. This combination produces much finer, more concentrated bubbles for more efficient waste removal.
- The dual intakes can be configured so the Aeraqua Duo can function as a recirculation skimmer to really strip your water of organics. So rather than having both intakes draw in water from the sump, you can have one side draw water from the sump while the other side recirculates water within the skimmer.
- The ingeniously designed air silencer has been integrated into the bottom panel of the skimmer where the sound is further insulated by the water around it.
- A special integrated bubble trap prevents annoying microbubbles from escaping into your sump.
- The bowl-shaped bubble diffuser reduces turbulence to direct air upward instead of outward so bubbles and dissolved organics rise easily through the body up into the collection cup.
- The base is molded to hold the pump in place so you can slide it in and out for maintenance.
COMPLETE CONTROL OF YOUR SKIMMER
The controller included with the Aeraqua Duo can be used to perform a variety of functions. You can put the skimmer into feed mode, schedule a 24-hour program for when you want the skimmer to run (and when you don’t), and you can set a start delay among a variety of other features. By adding Maxspect’s Integrated Controller 6 (IV6) to the mix, you can control the skimmer wirelessly from the Syna-G app using your Android or Apple (iOS) device. You will also be alerted on your mobile device if the float switch is triggered in the collection cup.
https://www.coralvue.com/maxspect-aeraqua-duo-ad600-protein-skimmer The Maxspect Aeraqua Duo AD600 is the world’s first dual-intake, dual-needle wheel protein skimmer. The skimmer boasts Maxspect’s own Turbine Duo 9K, a DC controllable pump that offers high performance and near-silent operation. Despite its remarkably small 10.25" x 8.5" footprint, the Aeraqua Duo AD600 is perfect for aquariums up to 300 gallons. It is designed to be placed inside a sump to remove organic pollutants from aquarium water before they break down into nitrates and phosphates and foul the water quality. The skimmer features an easy-to-use external pump controller, but you can also control the pump wirelessly using the free Syna-G app available in both Android and IOS. A Maxspect ICV6 controller is required but sold separately. Getting Started Assembly is quite simple. Insert the four white rubber feet to the pegs located at the bottom side of the skimmer base. Insert the float switch into the designated hole in the lid. That is it! Install the skimmer on a flat and stable surface within your sump. The ideal location would be with the skimmer section of the sump with a permanent water level of 7-9 inches. The intakes must have no less than inch clearance on each side. Rest the collection cup on the skimmer body and lock in the lid by sliding the holders in place. After installing the skimmer, mount the controller. Affix the rear-mounting frame to a flat surface such as the wall or outside your aquarium stand. Please, be sure that the cable reaches the pump, and that all cable connections have proper drip loops to prevent any components from getting wet. Connect the cable from the controller to the Skimmer pump and then connect the cable from the power supply to the controller. Finally, connect the PSU to the power outlet and run the pump for the first time. Now that the skimmer is running let's take a look at the controller and its features. The controller box has two buttons, a dial, and a display. The power/setup button allows you to turn the controller and pump ON and OFF, engage FEED mode, and its settings. The Switch Mode button allows you to switch between each of the available options while the control dial lets you toggle between settings. To begin operation, turn on the skimmer by pressing and holding the ON/OFF button for 4 seconds. Now we need to set up the system clock and Delay time. The delay timer allows you to set a duration for the pump to begin running after a power failure and avoid overflowing the collection cup. Your options are OFF, 10, 30, 60, 120, 180, and 300 seconds. By default, the skimmer has a delayed start of 10 seconds. To enter the system setup, press both the power and switch-mode buttons simultaneously and then release. Begin by entering the controller's internal clock. Rotate the dial to the correct hour and press the dial in to set up minutes. Then press the center dial to set the pumps minimum head flow and press the switch mode button to save and exit the system setup. Manual Mode To set up Manual Mode, press and hold the power button for 4 seconds to turn the controller ON. Now press and hold the Switch Mode Button for 4 seconds until the controller displays an M letter. If the controller still displays an A, then press and hold the Switch Mode button again until the A switches to M. Now press the center dial once then rotate to your desired power level. Once you have reached the desired power level, press the center dial once to save. Automatic Mode Automatic Mode is set up very similar to manual Mode. To select automatic Mode, press and hold the Switch Mode button for 4 seconds until you see an A icon on the right side of the display screen. Press and release the switch mode button once again to enter setup mode. The display will now flash a settings icon. As you enter setup mode, you will see the left side of the display flash a number 1. Next to number one, you will also see a timestamp set to zero. The number indicates one out of 8 possible points in the scheduling. The timestamp indicates the START of such a point. For example, I am going to create a 3-point 24-hour schedule. I want the first set point to run a pattern from 8 am to 2 pm. Then I want a new speed to run from 2 pm to 10 pm, and I want my last pattern to run from 10 pm to 8 am the next day. You will need to set the first number to 1 with a timestamp of 0800. Then, proceed to set the pump up the same way we set it up in Manual Mode. Set speed for point one, and then press the center dial to return to the flashing number 1. Carefully turn the dial clockwise until the number 1 changes to 2. Set up point 2 to 14:00 and following the same sequence as before, create point 3 with a starting time of 22:00. Once you have created all the desired set points, go ahead and press the Switch Mode button once to return to the main screen. The left side of the display will confirm the new program, and the gear icon will fade away.
Limited Time - FREE SHIPPING ON ALL ORDERS OVER $29! Most orders will ship the same or next business day of when you place the order. We can ship to virtually any address in the world. Note that there are restrictions on some products, and some products cannot be shipped to international destinations.
When you place an order, we will estimate shipping and delivery dates for you based on the availability of your items and the shipping options you choose. Depending on the shipping provider you choose, shipping date estimates may appear on the shipping quotes page.
Almost all items on are website qualify for FLAT RATE or FREE shipping! Order over $29 in products and receive FREE shipping on your order.
International Shipping & OrdersWe ship Worldwide everyday. Please contact us for shipping quotes and availability on any products you would like to purchase.
International orders do NOT qualify for free shipping, please contact us for a shipping quote.
We only accept Paypal as payment for international orders and customers and must ship to a confirmed address.
EVERY ITEM WE SELL IS BRAND NEW & COMES WITH A FULL MANUFACTURE WARRANTY! We do not sell used, defective, or returned product to our customers. Only exception to this is in our clearance and open box section of our website. Even those items still include a full warranty, and are usually an amazing deal if your looking to save money!
Most brands and products we sell have typically a 1 year warranty, with some products having up to 3 or more years. If you have any questions on warranties you can check the manufacture website or just contact us with any questions. At FragtasticReef.com we sell only the best products, and only products we recommend and use ourselves, so you can buy with confidence.