Precision Marine PRO sumps offer all the features anyone would need in a refugium and sump. The PRO sumps have tube holders, filter socks, and high quality cast acrylic construction made in the USA.
Key Features of the PRO Refugium Sumps by Precision Marine:
- Premium, optical-grade, cast acrylic construction throughout. NEVER and cost-cutting extruded acrylic
- ¼" thick acrylic used on EVERY piece. NO cost-cutting .220 or thinner material as seen on our competitors
- White baffles block light and prevent undesirable algae growth in other chambers.
- Single or Dual - 100 or 200 micron bags for mechanical filtration
- ½” high density polyethylenelid over micron bags provides easy access to micron bags
- ⅜” thick, heavy-duty micron bags bracket w/precision-machined openings for micron bag flange
- Dual or Triple Drains
- Final mechanical sponge chamber with sponge
- 4 or 5 space tubing holders for dosing or top-off
- Full top provides bracing on all sides
- 3D Slotted/Grooves for a perfect sheet of water & to strain any algae from refugium section to protect water pump.
- Magnetic probe-holder option gives you the ability to place your probes exactly where you want them.
- Ample Protein Skimmer Section
Lastly, these are refugiums we’re talking about… why mechanically filter out the very organisms that are being cultivated in live rock and sand (in your refugium)? It doesn’t make sense. The sponge included in our sumps are used as a last resort if your skimmer creates uncontrollable bubbles. The 3D grooves in our dividers (bordering the refugium and bubble trap) will protect the return pump from debris. Why pay for this “feature”?