- IceCap Gyre Wavemaker Pumps now available in new models.
- HYDROS WaveEngine control all your DC pumps from a simple App on your smartphone.
- Review of Hatchery Diet Pellet Foods by Sustainable Aquatics
- WavePuck by Waveline - A New kind of wavemaker for aquariums, 3000 GPH and fully Controllable.
- Vibrant Liquid Aquarium Cleaner - Review, Thoughts, and Opinions does it work?
Why Fragtastic is the Best!
Most products on our website are in stock and shipped by us from our retail location.
Be sure to also go to Our Facebook Page and Like Us. We have giveaways, discounts, and specials on there all the time. There is no purchase necessary on our giveaways and prizes. Make sure also to sign up for our Email updates, to keep in the loop with new products and specials we are doing.
You can finally stop waiting on hold with those other online vendors. Fragtastic Reef is open 7 DAYS A WEEK - Because we care about your success and your tank!
Fragtastic Reef Blog
HYDROS WaveEngine control all your DC pumps from a simple App on your smartphone.
The HYDROS WaveEngine is a simple device that makes controlling your aquarium simple and affordable. The WaveEngine by Coralvue can control almost any DC pump or powerhead using an app on your smartphone! Ecotech Marine can be controlled wirelessly with the ETM version of the HYDROS WaveEngine.
A single app controls a variety of different pumps from your mobile device. Access all the features you desire, without the need for multiple apps, individual controllers, and bulky power supplies that require a “bird’s nest” of cables and wires.
Until now, limited capabilities have restricted the simple controllers that manage popular pumps like the Maxspect Gyre, Reef Octopus Octo Pulse, TUNZE Turbelle nanostream, and EcoTech VorTech flow pumps.
In addition to this convenient and advanced control, you can reduce clutter by eliminating the DC power brick used by modern controllable pumps!
Here is how the HYDROS WaveEngine works:
- Direct Pump Driver - For many pumps, the HYDROS WaveEngine connects directly to the pump head removing the clutter of the power brick and the control head for these pumps.
- Maxspect Gyre XF-130 / 230, XF-150 / 250, XF-330 / 350, XF-280*
- IceCap Gyre 1K, 3K, 2K, 4K
- Reef Octopus RODC-2500, 3500 and 5500, VarioS-2 and 4, Octo Pulse 2 and 4
- 0-10V Control - Some pumps do not lend themselves to direct drive control due to cabling or other restrictions, but many of these pumps do offer 0-10V controllability. The HYDROS WaveEngine supplies four independent 0-10V outputs to control these pumps.
- Abyzz Pumps
- Reef Octopus Octo Pulse 2 and 4, VarioS 2, 4, 6 and 8, RODC 2500, 3500 and 5500
- TUNZE® Turbelle nanostreams pumps.
- Wireless Control - EcoTech Marine Vortech™ and Vectra™ pumps can be controlled using their wireless slave mode so you will no longer need multiple devices to control the most popular flow pump on the market. Better yet, you can make them work in conjunction with most any other brand of controllable powerheads.
- EcoTech VorTech™ MP10WQD, MP40WQD and MP60WQD
Here Is What It Can Do
One App to Rule Them All!
The HYDROS App from CoralVue will completely replace the need for individual manual controllers and apps.
By using modern technology, we can easily tap into the native control platform to access all the preset flow patterns and modes or create your own! Connect wirelessly to the HYDROS WaveEngine and then communicate with your flow pumps.
- Easily add pumps and specify the location of the pump in the aquarium as well as specify min & max speed a pump can run at
- Use different brand pumps to work together in different flow preset such as sync, anti-sync, triangle wave, square wave, sine wave as well as many other preset wave patterns
- Create multiple groups
- Create and access operational modes such as Feed, Water Change, or Night mode
- Monitor power consumption (volts, amps & watts) based on individual pumps & total consumption of all attached pumps
- Monitor pump’s RPM to ensure maximum performance
- EcoTech Vortech™ & Vectra™ pump compatible
- Full cloud connectivity so you can control your pumps from anywhere in the world
- Real-time notifications of system status & pump performance
- Define custom flow patterns of any duration up to 24 hours with 1/1000 second accuracy
*Maxspect Gyre 280 pumps can only run at 75% max intensity.
PLEASE NOTE: An appropriate pump adapter or 0-10V cable (sold separately) is required to connect pumps directly to the HYDROS WaveEngine.